Have you guys been glued to the Olympics all week like us? It’s the best, right?
While I love all of the sports going on, there have been a few things that have bugged.
1. I hate that the flame is hidden in the stadium. Can you imagine going to the games and not having a ticket to an event at that venue and NOT being able to see the flame?!
2. NBC is just…ugh. Their coverage often feels like we’re watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, and it’s just, ugh.
3. Why are there so many empty seats? Did you hear about the ticketing problems? Such a bummer.
4. I know nobody can control the weather, but London itself just isn’t screaming summer games to me. Women’s volleyball in 55 degree weather? Yikes. Also, the rain.
Anyway, on the highlights:
1. Gabby Douglas! Did you know her last name is an anagram?! It spells USA GOLD. BOOM!
2. Phelps becoming the best Olympian EVER, obvs.
3. Allison Schmitt and Missy Franklin. These two are so talented and so cute – how can you not love them?!
4. THIS GUY!
Other great things:
Olympic Divers on Toilets
The best names at the Olympics
Olympic sports that should be combined
A gold medal winner takes the subway – awesomeness ensues
Olympians who post pictures on twitter
Amazing multiple exposure shots of athletes in action
Medal Count Map
A backstage tour of Olympic Park
Where the Athletes hang out
Lastly, our dog is not a fan of Olympic Trampoline
Have a great Saturday!