1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Two years and three months, today.
2. How did you meet?
We met in the summer of 1997. We were just friends in high school and didn’t start dating until 12 years later. You can read all about that adventure here, it’s a good one!
3. If married, how long have you been married?
We’ve been married just over three months and it’s been the best three months of our lives!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We got married on the eastern shore of Maryland in North Beach. Our ceremony was right on the water and our reception was in a giant tent just adjacent to the ceremony site. It was small (68 people), but beautiful and fun and the best day of our lives.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
We both use “baby” pretty liberally, but he also calls me mama (funny, I’m not a mama, but he says he uses it cause I’m a “hot mama“)and I call him huzby.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
Chris loves me
when I go completely crazy for no reason without conditions, I can depend on him, and he genuinely makes me want to be a better person.
7. Tell us how he proposed?
I had the most incredible proposal, ever. Chris took me back to the spot we ended up on our first date, he brought in photographers to capture the moment and he surprised me with the greatest surprise ever. You can read more about the proposal here.
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Definitely more flowers and a nice dinner kinda guy. It works for me since I’m not really a champagne and rose petals kinda girl.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Totally a movie at home girl – I’m a total homebody.
10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Other than have babies someday?! :) Since we both love to travel, I’d love to take Chris to Germany (where I lived for seven years) and experience the beautiful country with him.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine’s Day.
Low key dinner at Firebirds.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day?
Not asking for anything! We generally don’t do a big Valentines day other than dinner, some love notes and maybe some flowers.
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communicate, communicate, c-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-e! Did I mention communicate?! Also, support each other, laugh, be silly, and always say “I love you”
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.