I recently read on a blog that I follow regularly that there is a lovely German custom for newlyweds involving Christmas ornaments. Can I tell you how much I am loving this idea and want to jump on it asap?!
According to the old Germany tradition, the tree of a newlywed couple should include these twelve ornaments to insure blessing and happienss for their life together.
1. An Angel – Guidance in the Home
2. A Rose – Beauty and Affection
3. A Rabbit – Hope and Faith
4. A Teapot – Hospitality
5. A Pinecone – Motherhood and Fruitfulness
6. A Santa – Unselfishness and Goodwill
7. A House – Shelter and Protection
8. A Fruit Basket – Generosity
9. A Bird – Happiness and Joy
10. A Flower Basket – Good Wishes
13. A Heart – True Love
12. A Fish – Christs Blessing