Thanks, Robin, for this super self-indulgent survey of facts people really don’t need to know about me. I love a good survey, especially on my way to bed on a Thursday night! :o)
1. Started your own blog – Duh
2. Slept under the stars – It’s been a really, really long time, but the short answer to this question is: yes.
3. Played in a band – Does Rockband count?
4. Visited Hawaii – No, but I want to go to there.
5. Watched a meteor shower – Not an entire meteor shower, but I’ve definitely seen a shooting star.
6. Given more to charity than you could afford to – No, not more than I could afford. I’ve always found that something is better than nothing.
7. Been to Disney– Yesssssss, in Florida…The first time was when I was young enough to appreciate the “magic” at the ripe age of 10. The 2nd time I was 16 and thought everything was lame.
8. Climbed a mountain – Parts of different mountains in Colorado and Germany, yes.
9. Held a praying mantis – I do not do bugs.
10. Sung a solo – Haha, off-key and horribly, yeah!
11. Bungee jumped – Nope, and I have no desire to.
12. Visited Paris – Yes.
13. Watched a thunder and lightning storm – Obviously. I love a good storm, as long as the power doesn’t go out and I’m not driving.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – No, I can barely draw a stick figure.
15. Adopted a child – No, but I’d love to one day.
16. Had food poisoning – Nope
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – Nope, I’ve only seen it from Battery Park.
18. Grown your own vegetables – No, but I’d be interested in doing that once I have an actual yard.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France –Yes. It’s tiny and overrated.
20. Slept on an overnight train – Yes, twice. Once from Germany to Paris, and the other from a southern town in Germany to Berlin.
21. Had a pillow fight – yes
22. Hitch hiked – Eff no!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Yes, but I think that mental health days have just as much weight as days when you’re physically ill.
24. Built a snow fort – yes
25. Held a lamb – Maybe? No idea.
26. Gone skinny dipping – Yes.
27. Run a marathon – Yeah, right.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – I think I did with my parents when I was a little one, but I can’t remember.
29. Seen a total eclipse – I remember there being one, but I never SAW it.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – Yes to both. Love them.
31. Hit a home run – Never.
32. Been on a cruise – Yep. Visited the Bahamas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Thomas, St. Lucia and Antigua.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – Nope, but it’s definitely on my list of places to see.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors – Not so much.
35. Seen an Amish community – Yes, in PA.
36. Taught yourself a new language – I didn’t really teach myself, but I learned enough German to get by when we lived there….
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – Sure. I don’t have to have a million bucks to be happy.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – Nope
39. Gone rock climbing – A little bit in Colorado, but just your basic climbing, no rappelling or anything.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person – Nope
41. Sung karaoke – Gawd, no.
42. Seen Old Faithful erupt – Nope, that’s one of the only parts of America that I haven’t visited.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – No, but I’ve paid more than one strangers toll fare on the toll road. Kind of fun to see their surprise.
44. Visited Africa – No, but I would love to.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – Not really….
46. Been transported in an ambulance – No, and I hope I never am.
47. Had your portrait painted – Does a caricature at an amusement park count?
48. Gone deep-sea fishing – YES!! So fun and we’re going again over Labor Day weekend.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – No.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – Yep. Pretty good view, I’m not going to lie.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – Yes to snorkeling and I’m not a big fan….even in the Caribbean.
52. Kissed in the rain – yes
53. Played in the mud – yes
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – Nope – I don’t even know if there’s a drive-in nearby.
55. Been in a movie – Nope
56. Visited the Great Wall of China – No, but I will someday.
57. Started a business -Nope
58. Taken a martial arts class – Haha, I took Karate when I was in 5th grade because the teacher was cute. I sucked and got my ass kicked every week and even took a foot to the face once. Fail.
59. Visited Russia – Nope…it’s on the list.
60. Served at a soup kitchen – Yes, on Christmas morning in Austin in 2003.
61. Sold girl scout cookies – Yeah, I forced my mom to take the list to her office to sell them. In my defense, she’s the one who forced me into Girl Scouts in the first place. I think I lasted a year, and I sold like 10 boxes of cookies.
62. Gone whale watching – No
63. Gotten flowers for no reason – No.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – Yes. I used to donate blood regularly (and firmly believe that anyone who is able, should!!!!) until they changed regulations. Now the rules state that since I lived in Europe for more than 2 years, I can not donate. LAME.
65. Been sky diving – Nope.
66. Visited a concentration camp – NO, and no thank you.
67. Bounced a check – Yes.
68. Flown in a helicopter – No, but I’d like to.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – Yes, I have one stuffed animal left. “Teddy” is at my parents house, safe and sound. My mom bought him the week she found out she was pregnant, and 30 years later, he’s still a part of the family.
71. Eaten caviar – Yes, and vomit.
72. Pieced a quilt -Nope.
73. Stood in Times Square – Yes.
74. Toured the everglades – Yeah, on an airboat. It was eh.
75. Been fired from a job – No.
76. Seen the changing of the guard in London –No.
77. Broken a bone – Nope
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle – I rode around the block once….hated it. Does that count?
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – Not yet.
80. Published a book – No.
81. Visited the Vatican – No.
82. Bought a brand new car – Yes, my current Civic.
83. Walked in Jerusalem – Nope.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – Haha, yeah in the Chantilly Times when they posted Prom pictures.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve – Ugh, yeah. I’m not gonna lie, I was pretty drunk and I have no recollection of what he looked like.
86. Visited the White House – Never inside, but I’ve been by/near it millions of times.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – Fish.
88. Had chickenpox – When I was like 4.
89. Saved someone’s life – No.
90. Sat on a jury –I WISH!
91. Met someone famous – A few people, no one super exciting
92. Joined a Book Club – Nope.
93. Gotten a tattoo – 3.
94. Had a baby – Not yet.
95. Seen the Alamo in person – Yeah, it’s much smaller than you’d think.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake – Nope .
97. Been involved in a law suit – No, thank god.
98. Owned a cell phone – Yes
99. Been stung by a bee – NO! And honestly, I’m scared to get stung by anything because I’m totally convinced that I’ll be allergic and will swell up and die within seconds. Agh!!