For the past 8 months or so, I’ve been on match.com, putting myself out there in the virtual world, optimistically seeking out a relationship. There have been a number of guys I’ve corresponded with, some good and some terribly bad.
It’s time I vent some frustrations though, because I am on the verge of cancelling my account and giving up all together.
1. Why is it that I seem to only attract men who could technically be my father? When 56 year old men “wink” at me, I literally want to curl up and die.
2. Why, when e-mailing me for the first time, do about 10% of men send something along these lines: “Hi, lets get together for coffee. Call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.” Seriously. Do they seriously think I’m going to meet them anywhere without having at least one conversation via e-mail? Crazies.
3. Who posts pictures of themselves that are 3-5 years old? I come across this a lot and it’s very irritating.
4. About 50% of the guys I “encounter” on match.com post pictures where it appears as though they’re listening to a lecture about the evolution of the ballpoint pen. Can I get a smile once in a while?
5. Why is it that the majority of the profiles I run across start with “I’m not really sure what to say here…I’m really bad about describing myself.” Uhhhhh, if you can’t describe yourself, who the crap can?
I don’t know. I’m just really frustrated.
If you think you know any single, moderately normal guys who can deal with dry humor, intense sarcasm, and occasional moodiness, lemme know.
PS: Do not direct any New York Yankees or Duke basketball fans my way.